- When Nora Met 60- Nora Ephron as a guest on Newsweek On Air 7/23/06
- Nora Ephron’s Favorite Love Stories- 2/14/12
- Why Won’t Playboy Die?- 9/18/11
- Who Are You? I Remember Nothing- Reflections on aging, Twitter, and her early days as a Newsweek ‘mail girl’- 11/8/10
- 15 Food Questions For Nora Ephron- 8/3/09
"I don’t have to worry about a call at 3 in the morning — someone saying, ‘Meet me at the bar and bring a shovel’."
HENRY HILL, the character on which the movie “GoodFellas” was based, describing life in a federal witness-protection program.
Henry Hill, Dead at 69
Newsweek November 13, 1995
President Franklin D. Roosevelt Died On This Date In 1945
The pace of F.D.R’s passing was like that of his life, swift and incisive:
- At 1:40 p.m., April 12, 1945, the 32nd President of the United States signed a series of documents, and relaxed in his Warm Springs vacation home while an artist, Mrs. Elizabeth Shoumatoff, sketched him.
- At 4:35 p.m. he was dead of a cerebral hemorrage.
Newsweek April 23, 1945